Monday 3 November 2008

So, this week has been really tough. Having a large group of friends, all from distinct areas of my work and social life is an absolute killer!! Why ? Because each group, practically each night of last week all felt it would a nice idea to have a few beers to "celebrate" my leaving. How much beer was drunk last week ? I need this trip to give my liver and kidneys a real break.

During the week an interesting change came over the whole process, early on it was all quite light hearted with the banter being about going on holiday etc, as the week progressed the comments became more poignant to the extent that Sunday became a really difficult and emotional day. People can be so nice at times you wonder why you ever have any problems with relationships!!

Left home a 7.30 am this morning for the crappiest plane journey in the world, 3 flights, the last one in 1 hour which gets me to Twin Falls 5.15 am tomorrow very tiring !

Leaving the kids and Lorraine this morning was too hard and upsetting. I woke them up for a cuddle before I left, they both were so upset, even Lorraine who is not given to emotional outbursts, looked on the edge. Left all three of them in bed together, cuddling up to mum and I cried all the way to the airport. I will never do this again, when I go back it will either be to pick them up, or I will have to find another job I just can't put myself or them through that again.

New job starts to tomorrow, now we will see how good (or not) I am !!

1 comment:

  1. Bless - you're a right softy really aren't you? Hope you had a good nights sleep, I'm sure you're first day will be full of joy!! I hope you realise that you have now made me late; I have an oppointment with Simon and Mr Farmer but couldn't leave my laptop until I'd replied. Oh, and Dan signed up Jukes to RMS yesterday, 400 cows! Have a great day boss, keep smiling.

    ReplyDelete